Re: [OM] Flash and Red Eye

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash and Red Eye
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 22:08:17 -0400
The key is to get the flash farther from the lens' centerline.  Olympus made
a nifty device called a flash extender.  It is simply an approximately 3
inch long box with a show foot on one end and a shoe receiver on the other.
It elevates the flash straight up from the normal hotshoe.  I am almost sure
they are no longer made, but I see them occasionally in the used market.

A much more expensive solution is the bounce grip.  This not only moves the
flash up but also away to the side.  The BG holds four "C" cells, making
flash recycle times very short.  I think for you application the BG is
overkill, but I mention it just to let you know about it.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".