RE: [OM] Flash and Red Eye

Subject: RE: [OM] Flash and Red Eye
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 22:31:31 -0400
Tony,
Get the T-20 or the T32 up and away from the axis of the lens.  It'll help
get rid of red eye.  Since the flash is on the same axis, it is reflecting
the red in the eye right back to the flash (and the lens).
As mentioned in previous posts here, get closer an/or get the flash higher
or away from the lens.  Even better, use bounce flash (the 433D will work
great on an OM-1 in non-TTL mode) or an adapter that lets you direct or
diffuse the flash a bit.

Or, you could just shine a great big light in their eyes just before you
take the photo.  The iris will then close down and no red eye! (:>).
Actually, that's what the Olympus Stylus and other cameras actually do.
Those little flashes right before the actual photo are causing the iris to
contract and reduce the chance of red eye.

Brian P. Huber
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx
Troy, OH