Re: [OM] enlargement

Subject: Re: [OM] enlargement
From: gma <geanders@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 13:05:32 -0700
Zuiks;

I just wanted to pass on something that surprised me.

Sunday night, as a test, I made a 16 x 20 Ilfochrome Classic Glossy Deluxe
(formerly known as Cibachrome) print from a 35mm slide.  This particular slide
contains an image which I like a lot, but I hadn't thought I'd ever print it
above 11 x 14 because 1) it was taken on 100 speed chrome film and 2) It was
taken with an 'S' series Zuiko, one of the 'bad performers' in Gary Reese's
tests, the 100-200/5 zoom.  To compond matters there's both foreground (appx
12-20 feet) objects and infinity objects which needed to be sharp, so the lens
was hyper-focussed.

Well, the resulting print is quite acceptable. Much better than I had hoped.
It'll never be mistaken for a print from 4 x 5 or even from my Zuiko 50/1.2,
but it's still a darn nice print.

I guess the moral is: Don't dis a Zuiko S.

George

PS: Just for completeness, I used the self-timer on my 4T, as I always do on a
tripod.