Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'
From: SiteMistic@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 09:39:33 EDT
In a message dated 5/24/99 8:13:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
matting@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I like the idea of a periodic collection of photos...but making it a
 contest seems unnecessary.

    Well, art or not, competition is still fun. I also write poetry, and one
of the most popular events in poetry chat rooms and in real life is a "Slam",
a head to head competition between two poets. It is fun, everyone gets to
hear the very best work of the two poets, and it inspires us to work harder
to produce better work. I just don't see any harm in judging photos. It has
been done for many, many years.

Jim