RE: [OM] Photo 'Contest'

Subject: RE: [OM] Photo 'Contest'
From: JohnGardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 13:14:20 +0100
Simon wrote

> ----------
        Snippety snip

> 4.      Would all list members vote, or just those who submit material?
> What would the voting system be?  Would each person only be able to vote
> for
> one favourite image in each category?  (this is probably the simplest
> method)

        All list members should be allowed to vote IMO. Many of us may take
stunning images but, like me, keep spending the scanner fund on new zuiko
glass and so have no means of getting an image into the contest, but that
shouldn't preclude us from taking part.

        Votes should be for the top three images; send your vote to the
organiser stating which image you give first, second and third place to. The
organiser would then award three points for the image in first place, two
for second and one for third. The points would be tallied at the end of the
contest and this would give you the winning slides.

        Bi-monthly would be ideal IMO unless you decided to go for a set
subject for each contest, say bridges or weather or reflections etc, then
you'd have to allow time to go out and get the shot etc.

        Just my half-a-stop's worth

        John.

 05/24/99 13:14:27
Part of the Halifax Group, Halifax plc, Registered in England No. 2367076.
Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 2RG. Represents
only the Halifax Financial Services Marketing Group for the purposes of
advising on and selling life assurance, pensions and unit trust business.  The
Marketing Group is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.  Switchboard
01422 333333.