Re: [OM] 200/f4 + Shutter Shudders: (was "200mm F4 / F5 vs. 65/2

Subject: Re: [OM] 200/f4 + Shutter Shudders: (was "200mm F4 / F5 vs. 65/2
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 11:52:00 +0000
I defer to John Hermanson on this but I recall that he has said in the past
that one
of the big differences between single and multiple digit OMs is the level of
sophistication of shutter/mirror mechanisms such that the Single digit OMs have
special shock absorbers for the mirror and such like.

Between the OM1 and 2s an obvious difference is that one has an all mechanical
shutter mechanism while the other has an electro mechanical system.

Any manufacturer, that is any good, learns how to improve their products with
the
input of experience and new ideas.  Given this, it would be naive to expect an
OM1
to be as technically refined as say a 4Ti.

I have a vague recollection of someone once commenting that the OM2000 had
noticeable vibration on tripping the shutter.  I had a Nikon FG with a vertical
travel shutter that had appreciably more shutter noise and vibration than
either a 2Sp or 4Ti.

Giles