Re: [OM] OM4T's can't swim!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4T's can't swim!
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 19:27:06 -0700
At 02:18 PM 05/05/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>I read a feature article in the April issue of "Cameraman", a Japanese photo
>magazine, on a 29-year-old young man who does bird photography as you do.  He
>obtained photography training after high school but chose to take a day job,

[snip]

>I was impressed with the degree of his focus and concentration.  I tend to be
>interested in several different things including photography and like to
try >new equipment. I wish I could be more focused as this young man
appears to be.

Tomoko:  There is no shame in being a Rennaisance person.  If that's the
way you're wired, then you need to do several different things to feel
fulfulled.  I know I'm that way.  It is true that people who focus on one
thing tend to accomplish more.  But unless you're trying to become the Best
In The World At Something, so what?  I think multifaceted people are
usually more interesting and well-rounded.

Now, Rennaisance people are perhaps more suited to be members of the
19th-century European aristocracy than to live in 20th-century America, but
maybe that's the fault of 20th-century America, not us.   :-)

For what it's worth, there are several Rennaisance people on this list, and
it's one of the things that makes the list so enjoyable.

--- Peter