Re: [OM] T32 Auto setting inaccurate

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 Auto setting inaccurate
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 08:37:05 EDT
Trevor writes:

> Do any other people here worry as much about flash exposure accuracy as they
>  do daylight? Are serious OM'rs happy to trust the circuitry and resort to
>  bracketing like other brand owners?

After many years of auto exposed macro botanical photography, I went to
manually determined flash.  Then things got consistent!  I lost too many
important shots before that.  When you walk all day and see endangered
species that you 1) aren't likely to refind easily, 2) are hard to get to and
3) are important photo oportunities, you just can't trust auto flash.
Besides metering inaccuracy, there is subject reflectance differences and the
problem with predominently dark backgrounds.

The manual settings become a no brainer.  I tape them to the top of a T-32.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV