Re: [OM] T32 Auto setting inaccurate

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 Auto setting inaccurate
From: "Tom Trottier" <infoanim@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 10:40:45 -0400
My "solution" is to use bounce flash as much as possible, using mostly walls to
avoid dark eyesockets. My Vivitar 3700 allows a lot of pointing, 95 degrees
vertical, 270 horizontal. The extra distance of flash->wall and wall->subject
evens out any inverse square effects, while the broad surface reduces shadows.
My OM2n handles it very well.

I keep the aperture very open so the ambient light would call for ~ 1/30
second. This means that the background would be at most a stop under, anyways.

Of course, not everyone has a handy neutral-coloured wall nearby in every
situation, and they are d*mn*d hard to carry around.

In macro situations that 18 0rey card can be pushed behind that flower/bug/...

Do any of the OMs have centre-weighted OTF flash metering? (The speckled
shutter curtain would have already gone by for flash metering.

Tom

From: Tom Trottier, President, ACT Productions Inc.
infoanim@xxxxxx                   http://www.act.ca
+1 613 594-4829                 fax +1 613 594-8944
199 Holmwood Ave,  Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1S 2P3
"Make it as simple as possible, but no simpler" - Einstein