Re: [OM] Monopod & ball head

Subject: Re: [OM] Monopod & ball head
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 10:14:23 -0500
Ken,

The bottom of the head is drilled/tapped for 3/8" thread.  The top is
convertible between 3/8 and 1/4.  3/8 <-> 1/4 converters are faily common at the
better camera stores.  If you don't find any in Birmingham, let me know offline
and I'll pick up a couple for you while I'm in DC (which is where I'm working
these days).

I believe that Bogen 3232 = Manfrotto 234; check their website for the details.
Mine has the 234 number stamped into the side of the casting.  $20 seems like a
decent price for something this inexpensive.

The QR version of this can usually be found along with its non-QR cousin.  It
uses the small square QR plates and is considerably larger than its non-QR
cousin on top because fo the QR assembly.  I don't care for it; it adds a small
degree of instability to the "stack" of monopod/head/camera/lens, and when I'm
out & about with a rig like this, I like for tthings to be solid.

regards,

m.