[OM] OM-2S dual metering (re: Steve Lau post)

Subject: [OM] OM-2S dual metering (re: Steve Lau post)
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 00:52:19 EDT
Steve writes:

> I remember Gary mentioning that he could average
>  multiple hi-lite and shadow spot readings in his head.
>   How do you do that exactly?

Don't even take your eye away from the viewfinder.  While in manual mode,
just count the f/stop clicks between metering a shadow in which you want
detail and a highlight in which you want detail.  Then turn the ring back
half way (i.e., half the clicks).  It becomes second nature.  If the
resulting aperture isn't suitable for the subject, just adjust the shutter
speeds to get the aperture you want.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV