[OM] Few macro questions

Subject: [OM] Few macro questions
From: Martin Kos <Martin.Kos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:56:04 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi all,

I am new to the list and also to the Olympus. I bought my first OM4Ti with
35-105mm zoom 14 days ago.
I am a biologist and botany is my hobby (in proffession I am molecular
biologist). Hence I would like to take many pictures of plants and flowers
outdoor (and of course other small creatures). I am considering buying an
equipment suitable for that work. I am certainly going for extension tubes
but I am not so sure what lens I should buy. I know from Garry's tests and
Modern Photography tests, that 90/2 Macro and 50/2 Macro both perform very
well, but it is very difficult to get them (second hand) in Czech Republic
or in Germany, where I currently study and they are also quite expensive.
I think then about 50/3.5 Macro, but from Garry's results and comments it
doesn't seem to perform so well.
So here is my question(s):

1) how would perform my zoom 35-105 with extension rings (let's say set to
   focal length about 50mm)

2) would be better to buy extension tubes and normal 50mm/1.8 lens for now
and wait untill some nice 90/2 or 50/2 Macro lens appears in the shops? Or
should I buy the 50/3.5 Macro?

If anybody of you have an experience and will to answer my questions I
would really appreciate it.

Thank you a lot.

regards

Martin