[OM] SunPak questions

Subject: [OM] SunPak questions
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 18:43:37 -0700
1) Does the full-power GN of 120 apply to the flash with or without its zoom
attachment?

Without.

2) My zoom attachment has positions for 35, 50, 70, and 135mm. I'm wondering if
there are different GN's for each of these zoom settings.

Yup. Otherwise, there would be no point to the zoom attachment. Right?

3) In normal use, the zoom head produces quite good, pleasing results, so I'd
like to use it. For use with my Vivitar 100/2.8 macro, I would probably use the
zoom head set at the 70mm setting. Seem reasonable? Other suggestions?

Yes, it's more than reasonable. Of course, if you could find a setting that was
closer to 100mm, you'd gain essentially a full stop in flash power, which could
be of great benefit in macro photography. You'll need to experiment to find the
"longest" position that gives no vignetting. This position will probably vary
for portrait and close-up use.

4) My zoom head has a reflective panel that can be used in various bounce-type
situations. Does this panel have any role when the flash is being used "straight
on"?

Bounce only, as far as I know.