Re: [OM] 200mm F4 / F5 vs. 65/200mm F4

Subject: Re: [OM] 200mm F4 / F5 vs. 65/200mm F4
From: GPaul64@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 21:44:56 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/99 10:30:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time, WKato@xxxxxxx
writes:

<< I am quite ill; I can't part with anything at all but I may be forced to
for
 space reasons. Anyway, does anyone have any experience with the Tamron
 180/2.5 as compared to Zuikos in the 180-200 range? As I recall it did well
 in Modern Photo tests.

 Warren Kato >>

Warren,

I may be even sicker.   I've got all of the above, including the 200 f/4, the
85-250, *and* the 180 Tamron.

I haven't recently tested the Tamron vs the 85-250, but I recall it edged out
my 50-250, slightly, in resolution.  Contrast was more noticeably better.
Tested at about f/11, as per my usual.   One more thing - the 180 Tamron
works very well with the Zuiko 1.4.

Regards,

Greg L

http://www.gplphotography.com