Re: [OM] New to the list, and a lens question

Subject: Re: [OM] New to the list, and a lens question
From: Dave Haynie <dhaynie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:06:16 -0400
On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:14:34 EDT, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx jammed all night, and by
sunrise was overheard remarking:

> In a message dated 4/22/99 8:35:09 AM EST, dhaynie@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> << I picked up an XA2, figuring it would still be useful for
>  this kind of stuff once I got a new OM. But it's usually kind of
>  frustrating. Ultimately, I gave the XA2 to my wife and picked up a few
>  used OM bodies (OM-G, OM-PC) for backup or risks.  >>

> mmmmmm....... now Dave, let's see... you gave the "frustrating" camera to
> your wife, and then "picked up a few used OM bodies" for yourself...
> Oh boy, are you gonna get mail!

Well, it was frustrating for me because of the limitations. Unless you
appreciate the limitations and are bothered by them, the XAs are nice pocket
cameras.

My wife Liz, on the other hand, is no photographer, doesn't really want
to be one (I have more cameras than computers, and LOTS of computers --
getting into either would would be pretty easy for her, my kids, even a
friendly neighbor) and pretty much stays away from cameras as much as
possible. She does need them for work from time to time, but makes me put
the film in. She does, these days, use the OM-77 and the Canon Powershot
350, too.

> [this is gonna be fun to watch] :)

Hopefully, now in context, this shouldn't start a "let's hoist Haynie

--
Dave Haynie  | V.P. Technology, Met@box AG |  http://www.metabox.de
Be Dev #2024 | NB851 Powered! | Amiga 2000, 3000, 4000, PIOS One