Re: [OM] New to the list, and a lens question

Subject: Re: [OM] New to the list, and a lens question
From: Sean Mattingly <matting@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:53:15 +0200 (MET DST)
" Welcome to the List!  While we can't show you side by side pictures, which
" wouldn't reveal much at the 72 dpi resolution of a typical computer monitor,

  Oh yeah...DUH!

" we do have compiled American photography magazine test reports and a site
" developed to comparing the various Zuiko lenses to each other and to leading
" competitive makes, such as the Vivitar Series 1 line.  You can find these
" links at:
" http://www.astro.wellesley.edu/lhawkins/photo/photo.shtml

  I skimmed that site earlier...time to read more carefully I guess.

" If you read everything available there you would likely be left with only
" questions that don't have answers  :-)

  Ah...the GOOD questions.  :)

" I don't know what "Ouch" means on price, but the 35-105mm f/3.5~4.5 Zuiko is
" a great lens.  For a good budget one, there is the petite and lightweight
" 35-75mm f/3.5~4.5 S Zuiko.

  Yep, those are the two lenses I'm considering.  "Ouch" just means that
they seem much more expensive than similar lenses by other companies.
My understanding is that not many Zuikos are being manufactured any
more...does that raise/lower their market value?  Should that tell me
to avoid them?  (I suspect not.)

" Gary Reese

  BTW, thanks to all who have replied to me.  It's singular to find
mailing lists/newsgroups/etc that have high signal to noise ratios.
This seems to be one of those rare finds...thanks for your help and
comments.

--
Sean Mattingly                      |   What is, is
----------------------              |   What is not is possible