Re: [OM] Soft Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Soft Lens
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 08:25:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999 duncanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Other options worth exploring if you want that 'soft' look
> include:
>
>      - vaseline smeared on a filter.
>      - fog a filter with a puff of your breath.
>      - a 'soft' filter (I've got a Cokin plastic warming/fuzzy
>      filter that I got as a freebee. It does the job quite nicely).
>      - ladies hosiery/tights across the lens (or similar material).
>      - whatever else yuo can think of

   One of the best soft filters in my experience can be easily made
from an old UV and a fine and normal sharpie pens. Paint in dots
(you can create progressively stronger effects by adding more dots)
across the glass. What separates this filter from all of the above
is that you do not get much flare around the highlights, giving
a more subdued effect.

                                     *= Doris Fang =*