Re: [OM] Fast Wide Angles

Subject: Re: [OM] Fast Wide Angles
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 22:12:36 -0500
I came back from Japan on Tuesday afternoon with my laptop backpack loaded with
four new lenses and a camera body.

One of my new lenses which included used ones is a Cosina 20mm/3.8 lens I
purchased at a Shimbashi store in Tokyo.  So far I used it to take photos of a
soon-to-be-moved maple tree in my parents' house and more extensively on my
overnight trip with my sister to the Boso Peninsula.  The tree has been shorn of
branches, which did not look like the maple tree I remember as I was growing up.
In any case, the 20mm/3.8 lens did a good job of getting the entire tree in the
frame of  the 4x6 print.  My brother who wanted to have a record of this tree
was pleased with my results.

The Cosina lens I bought was new and I paid 11,400 yen including a 5%
consumption tax and a demo Nikon filter provided free by the salesman who was
eager for some sales on a rainy day.

The Cosina lenses are distributed in Japan by Kenko.  I don't know it is
available in the US, but certainly being sold in Europe since I heard for the
first time it and other cheap wide angle lenses mentioned by one of our German
members.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/