Re:[OM] PMA Show Report

Subject: Re:[OM] PMA Show Report
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 15:48:59 -0500
Gary Reese wrote:
>Well, that's the bulk of what interested me.
Thanks for reporting anyway.  I would have loved to hear about Oly's new digital
camera, though.

Despite the limited manual focusing capability, the user interface with respct
to the exposure settings has been greatly expanded on the C-2000Z.  On the other
hand,  I've read on the Internet because of the size of its 1/2 inch CCD, its
image quality might be inferior to that of the D620 (C-1400XL) which has a 2/3
inch CCD.  Its increased resolution may not necessarily lead to the improved
image quality.  I have noted, however, that Oly Japan claims the C-2000Z's new
f/2.0 lens has achieved to bring out the full properties of the new CCD with
higher resolution.  It does make sense to me  that in order to get higher
resolution images, more light is needed to get to the CCD.

Would anyone have comments on this?

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/photographs.html