Re: [OM] Over40/viewfinder blur

Subject: Re: [OM] Over40/viewfinder blur
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:14:04 +0100
Peter A. Klein wrote:

> At 08:24 AM 02/20/1999 -0800, srp <cyberoptix@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >over40 zuikoholics:
>
> >IMHO using spectacles with any optical instrument is a real pain, no matter
> >how you try to tweak the set-up.
>
> I agree.  Somehow, I've never considered contacts as an option.  The idea
> of putting something in my eye really bothers me.  And a woman I know who
> wore contacts was always losing them, searching for them, cleaning them,
> getting eye irritations from them, and generally spending a lot of time
> dealing with them.

I have been using soft contacts to correct my astigmatism for about
four years now. They beat both glasses and correction lenses in the
eyecups my miles.
I may just be lucky, but I normally have no problems. I have maybe 5
minutes of work a day to clean them. And they do stay put. The hard
part is to remove the things, but as long a one only touches the
contact lens the procedure is not unpleasant.

The advantages are great: Never problems with fogging in the cold,
rain and mist is just blinked away and the eye relief problem is much
less on my OM4Ti (finally some OM content).

The only major disadvantage IMHO is that they still cost a lot more
per day of use than glasses.

[snip]
> ----

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"