Re: [OM] Over40/viewfinder blur

Subject: Re: [OM] Over40/viewfinder blur
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 23:01:29 -0800
At 08:24 AM 02/20/1999 -0800, srp <cyberoptix@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>over40 zuikoholics:

>IMHO using spectacles with any optical instrument is a real pain, no matter
>how you try to tweak the set-up.

I agree.  Somehow, I've never considered contacts as an option.  The idea
of putting something in my eye really bothers me.  And a woman I know who
wore contacts was always losing them, searching for them, cleaning them,
getting eye irritations from them, and generally spending a lot of time
dealing with them.

I always found rangefinder focusing easier.  Not only at my present over
40, but also when I was under 20.  Perhaps wearing glasses heightens this
feeling.  But since Leica M stuff is out of my socio-economic status, I've
found a happy alternative in Zuiko-land.  Besides, Some Authority In a
Magazine was quoted on this list saying that the 50/1.8 is 'almost a
Summicron...'
----