Re:[OM] Camedia C2000 Zoom, a 2.1 Megapixel digital camera

Subject: Re:[OM] Camedia C2000 Zoom, a 2.1 Megapixel digital camera
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:11:12 -0500
Jim Terazawa wrote among other things:

No manual focus, but there are two
pre-determined focusing ranges:
at 2.5m and at infinity

on the new Camedia.  This morning I compared the specs for the Oly Camedia and
the Nikon CP950, a new version due to be out in March, and regret to find that
the Nikon has the important manual focusing capability I am looking for while
the new Camedia is limited in this regard.

In the next few days when the sun comes out, I am going to check my shooting
distances in my local park and the fastest shutter speeds I need to get what I
want to capture on the surface of the water.

This afternoon I sent two e-mails to Olympus Japan to suggest the
manual-focusing feature which is currently lacking in the new Camedia and to
inquire the possible digital OM which takes Zuiko lenses or a digital back for
the OM.  The latter two possibilities were raised by a photographer on the
PhotoForum list who wrote that he had too much invested in the OM equipment to
consider a separate digital camera although these wish lists are nothing new on
this list.

Hopefully, the 80th anniversary year will bring us something nice.  BTW, the
actual start of the company was in October, 1919, and so far Olympus Japan seems
to think that they have several months to put out something commemorating the
anniversary.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/