Re:[OM] Camedia C2000 Zoom, a 2.1 Megapixel digital camera

Subject: Re:[OM] Camedia C2000 Zoom, a 2.1 Megapixel digital camera
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 15:58:04 -0500
This new digital camera from Olympus is basically a high-end digital compact
camera featuring 2.1 Megapixel (1600x1200 pixels and 1024x768 pixels).
You can think of it as an upgrade from the D-400 Zoom (C-900 Zoom other than
US).  It has a brighter lens of F2.0 (3x zoom 6.5-19.5mm; 35mm equivalent of
35-105mm).  The CCD used is 1/2 inches up from 1/3. The exposure setting and
focusing are automatic, but the exposure can be set using shutter/aperture
priority automatic modes (f2.0-11 for wide, f2.8-11 for tele; 1/2-1/800 sec).
The aperture can be adjusted in increments of 1/3 of a stop.  Quick focusing at
2.5m and infinity.
The external flash is possible as with the D-620 (C 1400XL).  The possible ISO
settings are 100, 200 and 400. It has an optical view finder, but it is not an
SLR type.  The shape of the camera is new, and somewhat similar to the Fuji
DS-330.
The size is 107.5 x 73.8 x 66.4mm and weighs 305g.  I note that the D-400z
(C-900z) has dimensions of 127x66.5x53mm and weighs 270g.
I have been waiting for a digital camera like this, but felt resigned to have to
buy the NPC Polaroid back to check the speeds of water movement, etc. for my
fine-art work.  I would have to check whether the top shutter speed of 1/800sec
is fast enough for my work, though.
I think I covered most of the important features of this new camera which is
shown at: http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Digicamera/C2z/c2000z.html

After lunch I took the trouble of printing out the pages in Japanese to read
them carefully and wrote the summary above for my own sake as well as to post on
the PhotoForum and here on this list since you never know when someone is about
to purchase a new digital camera already on the market.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/photographs.html