Re: [OM] eyecup / glasses recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] eyecup / glasses recommendation
From: Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 00:04:09 +1100
> With my prescription and the fit of my glasses, I can see fine with both the
> OM-1 and OM-4.

Caution: it may not always be so. Although I usually shot with glasses
off using my OM-1 and OM-2N - because of stray light, and because often
they were Polaroids - using my glasses I could always see the whole
viewfinder with a little bit of eyeball movement. Late last year
I got a new pair of glasses and can't use them at all with any of my OM's.
The script is almost the same, but the shape of the lens has changed.
Fortunately, I got contacts at the same time. My script is for +2 long
sightedness and astigmatism, and although they are thin the lenses have
a large curvature; I think this is called a meniscus lens.

The OM-4 is much harder to use with glasses, but I got mine after
the contacts. It has a dioptric adjustment, but that doesn't fix
astigmatism. To do that, or if your script is outside the range
of the dioptric adjustment, you can get a lens ground to fit into
one of the eyecups.