RE: [OM] Light meters

Subject: RE: [OM] Light meters
From: "Roger Davies" <rdavies@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:34:16 -0000
Wayne & John - Now you've gone and reminded me about the Weston Euromaster V
that I sold back in '81 (along with my Praktica L). I've regretted it ever
since, even though I put the money towards my first OM-1n :-)

At the time I reasoned that as the OM had a built-in meter (luxury!) I
wouldn't need the Weston. Ah, the folly of youth! Now I see that the Weston
is in many ways similar to, and complements the OM-1; both are beautifully
made, functionally elegant "tools" that are a pleasure to use.

Before I heard about the limited lifespan of selenium cells I was giving
serious consideration to buying one secondhand. Oh well, I suppose I'll just
have to make do with my Sekonic Digi-something-or-other. It gets the job
done... with all the charisma of a pocket calculator.

Roger Davies
Lisbon, Portugal