Re: [OM] digital back

Subject: Re: [OM] digital back
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:05:20 GMT
On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 19:55:15 -0500, "Rand E. Tomcala"
<rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>In the Feb. 15 issue of Computer Retail Week, on page two there is an
>article on the second page there is an article titled "Imagek Shoots For
>Summer Launch. Standard Film Cameras To Enter Digital Realm"
>  It describes the model EFS-1 as an electronic film cartridge that
>digitally records up to 30 images.  It has 1.3 mega pixel resolution
>CMOS sensor.  To view images you must remove the cartridge and place it
>in a special reader or put it in a standard type II PCMCIA card slot on
>a notebook computer.  They state that it is in "Alpha" testing and
>scheduled for release in June of this year.  Street price expected to be
>$799.
>Rand E.

Hello Rand.

This story was told almost the same way about a year ago.
Release date mentioned then was 'summer 1998' (!)

People all over the world are laughing when the name Imagek comes up
again. I still hope thay will make something workable, but I have
sincere doubts...
And when they come up with something (which by its nature will have to
be different for all different camera bodies!) do you think they will
also market it for OM-bodies (treated by Olympus as relics from a past
long gone...) ?

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht Holland.