Re: [OM] OT SLR Research report

Subject: Re: [OM] OT SLR Research report
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 15:21:40 -0600
>Are you sure the EOS1 focusses faster than the F5 and F100? One would have
>thought the latter, being newer, would be faster...

Getting closer, but the EOS-1n nails the focus the first time through and
when it goes hunting it seemed to do so faster than the Nikon.  There are
various settings that keep the hunting within a range and can even cause
the lens to try and follow-focus.  These all help and are a huge
improvement over the F4 and N90S.

>Unfortunately I did this about 2 weeks before the F100 was announced! BTW,
>I see a whole lot of folk are dumping their N90s systems, presumably for
>the F100. Have you considered a pair <g>?

Ahem, how about an F5 and F100?  As a trade off, I might not get a shift lens.

Oh and one other note between the F5 and F100:  The motor drive speed in
the F5 was so much faster than the F100 that it actually made the F5 feel
smoother.  Kinda the difference between a poke and a prod.

Ken
Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography

image66@xxxxxxx