Re: [OM] Radio trigger for MD2

Subject: Re: [OM] Radio trigger for MD2
From: 114522.1247@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 20:41:11 GMT
On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:22:38 +0000, "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>How much range do you need?  I am thinking of all those toys around which are
>remote
>controlled.  It ought to be fairly simple to gut one of these and have the
>actuator
>inside bump a microswitch.  I know there must be far more electronicly elegant
>ways
>of doing it but this would probably work.
>
>Giles
It does indeed, Giles, as I know from experience

You wouldn't even need a micro switch: you can just replace the motor
by a relay of the same nominal voltage and off you go (unlike the car)

But the range is very limited, only 10-20 meters. Apart from that it
works in the 27MHz band (at least here on the european continent)
which is very noisy. My sons racing car and later my camera motor
drive release got occasionally triggered by other systems working in
the same band.

Frank.