Re: [OM] Four Years & A Rubber Ring

Subject: Re: [OM] Four Years & A Rubber Ring
From: Mikael von Numers <mnumers@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 15:19:51 -0800
> If you are a user, it's easy to replace a deteriorated rubber sleeve with a
> strip of black plastic mat of adequate thickness and pattern, cut to size
> and glued on with contact cement. There will be a line, where the 2 ends

Hi,
I think the best method is to cut of the rubber sleeve, remove a piece
of it and then carefully glue the pieces together again using superglue.
The seam (joint?) is almost invisible. I have done this on some old
Zuikos and at least on my Zuiko 28F2 the rubber sleeve is still tight 15
years after this procedure. The method is also described on a homepage
somewhere, but I do not remember the adress.

best regards
Mikael