Re: [OM] OM4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 18:43:49 -0500
>>I think you should consider the system as a whole. The Aria IMO is
an example of the Gillette business plan: make the razor (body) cheap
and make a fortune on the blades (lenses). I wouldn't myself choose
Contax because I value compactness and light weight, and Contax have
no tradition of that - the opposite, in fact. >>

Huh?

First thing, the Aria, at $589, is hardly cheap; compared to offerings from
Penatx, Canon, Minolta, etc.

Second, have you looked at the statistics on the Aria? Whatever Contax's
'tradition', the Aria has broken it. It's about the same size as a 4t and
lighter, even tho it has a built-in winder.

I'm not here to plug Contax; that wouldn't be polite. But these statements
need correction...

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and 360deg Immersive Images at
        www.threehundredsixty.com