RE: [OM] Zuiko Auto-T 350/2.8 "Black"???

Subject: RE: [OM] Zuiko Auto-T 350/2.8 "Black"???
From: JohnGardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:24:58 -0000
Hans

I had a black Zuiko 350mm f/2.8 which I sold to David Brown on the list so
there's at least one black one here in the UK. I hadn't realised how scarce
they are - only 50 made! I should have asked him for a whole lot more cash
:) I'll not embarass anyone by divulging what I actually bought instead of
this most desirable of lenses.

John.

> I have a German book that covers the OM-4 ( "OM-4, Fotografieren mit
> System") written by Gunter Lothert, published in 1985 by Laterna magica
> (and
> it's still available) that shows a 350/2.8 that's completely black, like
> "conventional" lenses, with white imprints on the hood. The OM System Lens
> Handbook that's also printed in 1985 shows the "normal" white version as
> it
> is made today. Was this black version really made, and if so, when was it
> replaced by the white one, or was this maybe some prototype?
>
> Hans van Veluwen

 01/28/99 08:25:04
Halifax plc, Registered in England No. 2367076.
Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 2RG.
Represents only the Halifax Financial Services Marketing Group for the purposes
of advising on and selling life assurance, pensions and unit trust business.
The Marketing Group is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.