Re: [OM] Blade Count request for lens page

Subject: Re: [OM] Blade Count request for lens page
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:58:50 +0100
George wrote:

:You've probably answered this before, but ... Other than the false
:advertising for macro range, how do you like this lens.  It's reputed to
:be the best Zuiko zoom except for the 35-80/2.8  Do you have other zooms
:so that you have a feel for how this one compares?

I'm sorry, George, I have lots of zooms, but the only other Zuik zooms I
have are the 35-70/3.5-4.5 and the 75-150/4. I think I don't even have to
run some tests to proove that the 50-250 is better. You want a comparison
with the 65-200 and the 85-250, of course. Maybe I should fly over to Las
Vegas to have it tested... I "bet" mine wins :-)
I can't even answer the question how I like it, because I own this lens only
for a month or so, and there hasn't been a photo event where I needed it (I
was thinking of using it for stuff like daylight open air concerts, where
the slow speed doesn't matter). So it has been sitting on the shelf just as
if it were a collectors item :-)

Hans