Re: [OM] Zuiko Auto-T 350/2.8 "Black"???

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko Auto-T 350/2.8 "Black"???
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:40:01 +0200
>I have a German book that covers the OM-4 ( "OM-4, Fotografieren mit
>System") written by Gunter Lothert, published in 1985 by Laterna magica (and
>it's still available) that shows a 350/2.8 that's completely black, like
>"conventional" lenses, with white imprints on the hood. The OM System Lens
>Handbook that's also printed in 1985 shows the "normal" white version as it
>is made today. Was this black version really made, and if so, when was it
>replaced by the white one, or was this maybe some prototype?
>
>Hans van Veluwen

At least, black versions (or one specimen ?) of this lens were tested twice
by a German magazine. The first time against the Tokina 300mm 1:2,8 (Tokina
was the winner), the second time (a few years later) alone with a much
better general result (Tokina was less important in the business then, end
of the eighties).

Matthias