[OM] Attention Outlook Users!

Subject: [OM] Attention Outlook Users!
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:54:38 -0500
This is addressed to those on the list who use Outlook Express and other e-mail
clients which can send e-mails in rich text form (html).  I have received three
chopped digest in the last 24 hours and I am getting very annoyed with this.

Anyway the digest pollution is STILL A PROBLEM.  There are those who are sending
to the list either html-formatted posts (a couple of them in the recent digest)
or the one with Winmail.dat attached.

HERE IS MY SUGGESTION FOR THOSE
USING OUTLOOK EXPRESS.

As I find myself posting both to the two mailing lists I subscribe to in the
digest mode, I finally decided that it was about time to explore the address
book to see if I can get automatic addressing of these two lists.
I have MS Outlook Express.  If you look under the tools menu, you'll find
Address Book.  You can put the Olympus list address in there with an appropriate
heading.  I use Olympus List as my heading.  At the bottom of the entry, there
is an option you must check.

"Send e-mail in plain text only."

This would insure that your post to the list, regardless of your default in
formatting, will go in PLAIN TEXT ONLY.
Those of you who are subscribing to the list in real time can simply erase the
automatic entry of the list address when you check the reply option and replace
that with whatever name you have given as the contact name of the Olympus list.
I checked my post in the digest delivered to me as well as the one on the Web.
My post was not carrying any winmail.dat attachments.

This way even if your default is set to rich text (html), you will be sending
your post semi-automatically in Plain Text Only to the list.

Thank you very much.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/