Re: [OM] an even deadlier battery problem

Subject: Re: [OM] an even deadlier battery problem
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 21:42:48 GMT
On Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:52:24 +0200, Alexander <mediadyne@xxxxxx>
wrote:

>Hi.
>After my big quest for silver oxide batteries (which has so far resulted to
>nothing) I had to use
>the regular A76 for my OM4T. This time the batteries lasted through 1 roll of
>36 exposure film and a
>total of 24 hours!
>This is really getting annoying, it now seems I am carrying more batteries
>than film...
>I have a suspicion that leaving my cable release on might have helped the
>battery drain. Maybe
>somehow keeping a cable release on the camera keeps the shutter open even
>though not pressed???
>I'll still look around for those silver oxides.  Is it just me who cant find
>them or is it becoming
>a common problem?
>I have to thank Frank because he sent some batteries with his package, cant
>wait to try them!

Enjoy them, Alexander.

I am afraid it is your problem, or at least a local problem in your
country. Brands like Renata and Eveready make 357's and they are for
sale in western Europe everywhere.
Anyway, try the two I sent you to make sure your camera is OK. If the
batteries work, I can buy them here and send you a larger supply. But
I must say that I am a bit afraid that something is wrong with your
OM-4T - even when using A76 alkalines they should last longer than 24
hours. Did you check if the little light behind the viewfinder LCD is
switched off properly after 10 seconds?

Cheers,

Frank.