[OM] Re: OM2 reset and "B"

Subject: [OM] Re: OM2 reset and "B"
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:39:25 -0500
HI,

I can help with these points to start.

<<* There is no manual along with it.>>

I got a photo copy of one from Olympus America a few years ago.

1) It has a small lever in lower right corner of the lens mount above which
is written "B">>

Mine has a small arrow, and a small button.
Depress the button (or lever) and move the shutter speed to "B".
"B" holds the shutter open as long as the shutter release is depressed.

<<2) On the shutter speed ring diametrically opposite the 1/15 sec mark a
red star is marked along with the word " Reset">>

Reset is the same setting as "B".  The camera needs to be reset whenever the
batteries are changed or the mirror locks up.  You will see that the
relative position is the same for the reset mark and "B".

<<3) Similarly "Reset"  also appears on the rim of a plastic ring inside the
battery compartment.>>

This is (I believe) just a reminder to set to "B" (reset) after changing the
batteries.

<<Can anyone kindly explain me the function of these points?>>

I hope this helps.
I really enjoy my OM2 (no "n") I am sure you will also.

Charlie
Charles Loeven
cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx