Re: [OM] Guess That Auction! [was: More eBay madness!]

Subject: Re: [OM] Guess That Auction! [was: More eBay madness!]
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 11:19:17 +0800
Gary, I know what you mean now, concerning gambling and contests, there are
nothing change after takeover. The jockey club is still there only the name
changed; TVs and radios is allowed to provide some kind of contests; non
profit sectors sometimes issue lottery ticket to raise fund; private
gambling are allowed, such as paying mahjong.

To bet for the final bid, I choose $260. Gary, will you donate a Zuiko 90/2
as the price to the winner?

C.H.Ling

---------
> From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
>
> Joking with C.H., I said:
>
> << Contest ends: 01/28/99 19:58:01  Void where prohibited by law.  C.H.,
they
> allow this in Hong Kong? >>
>
> I was making a political comment about the takeover in Hong Kong by
joking
> about whether they allow contests.  The "void where prohibited by law"
part
> seems to be in the fine print on all USA contests.  You never know when a
> state might have laws prohibiting such a deal.  Perhaps the joke is on us
> (Americans) with having such burdensome statutes, even on little
Coka-Cola