Re: [OM] Doris has left

Subject: Re: [OM] Doris has left
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 12:36:13 EST
Soenke writes:

> I had good deals at fleamarkets too,
>  though I have to admit that Doris's were really a lot better.

Let me put it this way: American's use and dispose behavior is ripe pickings
for folks more knowledgable than the seller.  There is no story too far
fetched to believe.  I saw the light the day I picked up a solid silver four
piece tea set worth $400 for just the silver alone.  Price: $15.  Reason for
selling: inheritance and lack of knowledge of how to read the metal stamp to
say what it is.  Also, typical tarnish probably lead them to think it was
junk.

Speaking of flea markets, how about a Bogen 3040 tripod WITH a Bogen 3047 head
for $33?  Yup, it works perfect.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV