Re: [OM] Olympus Binoculars.... How good are they?1

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Binoculars.... How good are they?1
From: "Steve Roman" <decke003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:50:31 -0600
While the Canon image stabilized binoculars do work as intended, the rest of
the optical package isn't up the same standards of the other high end
brands, especially compared to Nikon, Leica, Swarovski, B & L or Zeiss.  For
this reason you see very few birders using them.  Most astronomical use
usually requires large objectives to gather star light, 50mm or better.
Steve Roman, Champlin, MN
decke003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx