Re: [OM] Olympus Binoculars.... How good are they?1

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Binoculars.... How good are they?1
From: "Steve Roman" <decke003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:37:46 -0600
What price range are you talking about?  Olympus makes some decent low range
(relatively) binoculars (Pathfinder Series, 8x42,10x42) and they also make
some not so good cheaper ones as well.  They don't compete very well in the
mid to high grade range though.  In mid range you should look at mid range
Bausch & Lomb (Customs), Pentax( they have a mid price roof prism with phase
coating), Nikon (Superior E, upper mid range but VERY highly rated, best
porro prism), Swift ( Audubon)
  For high end binoculars look at Nikon (Venture LX), Bausch & Lomb
(Elites), Swarovski (SCL), Leica (Ultras), Zeiss (Dialyt Series is a bit
dated but still good, their Night Owls are great, but Very bulky and heavy)
   For more information about binoculars than anyone really needs to know go
to : http://www.biddeford.com/~sing/BVDHome.html

Steve Roman, Champlin, MN
decke003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx