Re: [OM] Olympus Binoculars.... How good are they?1

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Binoculars.... How good are they?1
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:33:15 EST
In a message dated 12/22/98 1:41:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Hi all:
 I'm thinking about getting a pair of binocs soon, and was wondering if
 the Olympus binocs are a good choice.  I've suffered through some pretty
 bad binocs in the past, so I want to make a good choice this time.  I
 really can't afford a pair of Zeiss or Steiner, though!  The specific
 models that I am interested in are the 10x42, 12x24, and (perhaps)
 12x50.

 Cheers,
 --Lee >>

Lee,

At the risk of being flamed, at the relatively high magnifications you're
looking for, have you considered the Canon image stabilized binocs? If the
technology works as good as I've heard, they would seem to be a real boon,
especially for astronomical work. Of course I'm sure they cost as much as a
Zeiss....

Just curious.

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI