Re: [OM] Fuji Velvia

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji Velvia
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:51:02 EST

<< I just wanted to announce, that I am addicted to the Fuji Velvia
 film in a way. I know,that this film dramatize the colours of the reallity,
 especially red and deep orange (a problem for botanists), but the slides
 are so sharp and so brilliant, that after knowing this film, I was often
 disappointed when I used 100 ISO films. The second problem is the cost,
 here in Germany you can say the velvia is almost twice as much expensive
 than other very good films. Has anyone similar experiences with this
 addictive product? >>

Most nature photographers are also fans of Velvia.  Other than reds and deep
oranges, I like the way it renders greens. With the higher color saturation,
it portrays greens the way I see them.  Other films seem to go toward greenish
black or a grainy green but Velvia doen't.  You usually don't need a polarizer
to get blue skies.

My current films are Velvia and E200 pushed one stop. E200 can look quite good
in certain situations with black blacks and pretty accurate colors.

Warren Kato

Warren Kato