Re: [OM] OM Quality images

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Quality images
From: Dave Haynie <dhaynie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 12:47:03 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:25:22 EST, KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx jammed all night, and by
sunrise was overheard remarking:

> (Assuming that I don't want to build my own dark room) have you any
> suggestions?  There must be a middle of the road way to get prints that are
> quality and price between competition/professional (ie $12-$20 each plus
> proof) grade and poor to useless (ie $12/roll).

It depends on the lab.

My Dad did an experiment for his photo club, using the local lab. He
shot two rolls of film, each a duplicate series of shots, bracketed some
+/- 3 stops. He had one roll developed in the normal consumer fashion
with the compensation at printing intact. The other was developed
normally, but printed without compensation.

The point of this exercise was to show the effect of modern processing,
and the fairly amazing latitude of modern C-41 films. But it does imply
that even a friendly local shop might stop the print-time compensation
if you ask nicely.

--
Dave Haynie  | V.P. Technology, Met@box Infonet, AG |  http://www.metabox.de
Be Dev #2024 | NB851 Powered! | Amiga 2000, 3000, 4000, PIOS One