Re: [OM] Thoughts on recommending against the OM2000

Subject: Re: [OM] Thoughts on recommending against the OM2000
From: brookswf@xxxxxxxx (BILL F BROOKS)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 21:43:39 -0600
Hi All, Dan,

I think I have to agree w/Dan to a certain degree here, I've posted
before on the 2k and while not explicitly recommending against it, I did
point out (implicitly) that while I *like the 2k, I *love* the -1.  The
2k is perfectly fine for beginners, (so is the -1) but it doesn't *feel*
like an OM-1~4(t).  At least it will take Zuiko lenses and perhaps if a
newbie invests in a few will move on to one of the more politically
correct OM bodies that are out there.  I have a 2k and I really like the
fact that it *only*? has spot metering.

The -4(t) is faster, but if you use your brain you can use the 2k's spot
meter on several subjects, see what the various f-stop/speed combinations
are and do the little mental adjustments and come out with what *you*
want the exposure to be. No it won't average out multi-spot readings (it
don't do that) but *YOU* can.

I like it. I have one. I also have the -1. The -1 *feels* better to me.
'nuff said.

Bill >; )
"Life unfolds on a great sheet called Time (film)*,
and once finished (developed)* is gone(here)* forever..."

*provided you have a good archival system in place...