Re: [OM] Which OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Which OM
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 06:55:25 +0200
>Interesting. . . .I gotta say based on my experience that my 2S is more
>accurate exposing slide film (in AUTO mode) than my old OM-2 was. Did I
>have an unusually bad OM-2?  Do I now have an unusually good 2S?
>
>Morgan Sparks

I don't know. I only can say for the OM-2n and OM-4Ti and I must say, that
in normal auto they are both accurate (both use ADM then). The influence of
one or two silicon blue cells and the exact angle in which they stand my be
little or even absent, but obviously there is more cost of construction
with a camera where you have to adust two measurement cells. So why should
Olympus use two cells in the OM-2 and OM-2n, if there was no effect? The
same question applies to the Rollei 6008. I can imagine, that if there is a
strong light source in a scene or just outside the motif and this light
goes towards the only one cell (following the natural law angle of
incidence is equal to the angle of reflection, I know that the surface of
the film is not a mirror, but is opaque, but I think the reflection in
direction of the reflection angle is stronger than in other directions),
there may be an advantage of two cells which stand in different angels.
Matthias