Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....

Subject: Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 14:18:12 -0500 (EST)
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, R. Lee Hawkins wrote:

> Exactly how many times in your photographic career have any of these
> things happened?

  Three times. Once, a diaphragm on a lens failed, and I have had two lab
problems. Lab accidents are not common. 1/3rd stop variance in development
and manufacturing variances is, however.
  Plus there is the reality of having dupes, and variants (what projects
best is not what prints best or even scans best) for technical and
esthetic reasons. But to each his own.
   I agree 100% with you on the circular polarizer issue, as I have from
the beginnning of this thread.

>   And remember, my photos are mine alone... I
> don't generally sell my images, so "irreplacable" to me means they were
> taken in locations I'll not likely get to again.

    I see little difference between what an amateur or a pro does to nail
the shot. Whether the imagery is personal or of global significance, the
problems and solutions remain the same. One simply chooses from an array
of options, nothing more. If bracketing seems like a waste of film, don't
do it.
                                                  *= Doris Fang =*