Re: [OM] response to my filter questions....

Subject: Re: [OM] response to my filter questions....
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 17:54:56 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 14:09:56 PST you write:
>OK, I have an infamous linear polarizer which I have yet to use. Will it
>work with my OM2n ? I would guess so, since it doesn't have the spot
>meter.I would also think that a linear polarizer might be a "good" thing

Yes, it should work fine :).

>for cameras that can use it because there would be less distortion with
>only one piece of glass to go through instead of two? Thanks, John.

Less distortion is a moot point if your exposures are way off.  If
you're using a spot meter, you need a circular polarizer.  Period.
Also, I doubt you'd be able to see any difference in distortion between
a good quality linear and a good quality circular polarizer.

Cheers,
--Lee