Re: [OM] f/2 vs. f/2.8 primes.......

Subject: Re: [OM] f/2 vs. f/2.8 primes.......
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 09:20:33 -0600
At 11:40 PM 12/5/1998 EST, you wrote:
>Hi James:
>
>> 1) are the slower primes generally equal to the faster primes?  (wide
>>  angle again...)
>>
>>  2)  how is the 28mm/2.8?  i have read the list daily for ages, and not a
>>  lot of conversation has taken place on this one.........
>
>Did you notice Lens Test 1 and Lens Test 2 that I posted here over the last
>few weeks?  I tested a number of your lens, plus the 28mm f/2.8  Look in the
>future for even more tests, esp. the f/2 wide angles, the 18mm f/3.5 and the
>50mm f/3.5
>
>Most of the common lenses also have their Popular or Modern Photography lens
>tests posted at Lee Hawkin's WWW site.
>
>Gary Reese
>Las Vegas, NV

James,

If you are looking for subjective impressions of the 28/2.8, I can tell you
that I like mine very much.  A lot of that has to do with how I see:  I
also have a 21-35 zoom (Sigma) and find when I use it I am either at 21 or
28 most of the time.

The 28/2.8 is very fine.  With it and the 85/2 I could suffice (although
don't tell my wife that).

Joel