Re: [OM] Digital top of the heap...

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital top of the heap...
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 22:50:47 -0700
At 05:50 PM 11/27/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>Regarding who's on the top of the digital heap:
>
>I don't know about Olympus, but the top consumer Kodak model (DC-260)
>has a peculiar problem... It look's like an impressive light leak!
>
>I put an example at
>    http://www.neci.nj.nec.com/homepages/sebastien/kodak
>
>Kodak customer support, usually prompt to answer, went really
>silent on this one.  I might add that I've got two DC260 cameras
>(for stereo shots) and they both behave the same way.
>I guess Olympus could only be better than this.

Sebastien:

Is it possible that this is electrical noise, which normally is unnoticeable
because it's below a certain threshold?  I can't imagine that CCDs can operate
for upwards of a quarter of a minute, gathering light using the buildup of
electrical charges, without something wonky happening.  Just a (relatively
uneducated) guess.

Garth