[OM] Macro lenses for astro work

Subject: [OM] Macro lenses for astro work
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 00:40:12 -0800
On another list, a question was asked regarding the best lenses to use on an
OM-1 for astro photography.  I replied Zuikos, of course, and went on to
describe the merits of the 50 and 90 f/2 macros for wide field shots.
Another list member replied with the following:

"Never use a macro lens for astrophotography since they are flat field lens.
While this is exactly what you want for macro photography it is exactly what
you DON'T want for the stars."

While I do not agree with this point of view, I thought I'd consult with
this sage body before I make any response.  I recall George making some
critical evaluations in star tests and found these two to be quite good.
Opinions???

John P